Home Staging: Increase a Home’s Value With Lighting
You know that your home needs to look its best when it’s up for sale. Cleaning and rearranging the furniture go a long way toward making your home more appealing to buyers, but don’t overlook lighting. When you’re staging a home for quick sell, lighting can help things go much faster.
Use the following ideas to help you make the best use of lighting in your home to increase its value:
- Let in as much natural light as possible by opening windows and doors. Natural lighting makes your home look more open and airy.
- Use lighting to draw attention to the best features of your home and away from the not-so-great features. Track lighting is ideal for this, since you can focus on the areas you want to highlight.
- During a showing, use this tip from ERA Big Sun Realty: use incandescent light bulbs instead of the energy efficient kind so that your room will light up immediately. The energy efficient bulbs take a few moments to warm up and because you have limited time to make a first impression, instant light is a must.
- Get rid of outdated hanging lights and replace them with a stylish chandelier that accentuates the room without going overboard.
- Hang mirrors in strategic places to reflect light from the windows or indoor lighting fixtures. This helps make darker areas look brighter.
If you know someone with a home on the market, please share this advice with them. Thanks!