10 GOOD REASONS TO LIST YOUR HOUSE DURING THE HOLIDAYS:
1.People who look for homes during the holidays are more serious buyers.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays, so you have less competition.
3. Houses "show better" when decorated for the holidays.
4. Buyers are more emotion during the holidays.
5. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays/
6. Many people want to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
7. Many retirees buy their retirement home before the end of the year so when they retire at the beginning of the new year they have their new home available to move into.
8. You may still restrict showings during your personal family events.
9. You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if you so desire.
10. By selling you have an opportunity to buy during the springs, when many houses are on the market.THE REASON:
You have less competition, resulting in a quicker sale and a better price for you.BOTTOM LINE:
By listing now, you have fewer actual showings but more qualified and motivated buyers.